- Rise in pulses and oilseeds sown area indicates a bumper crop this year
- The total sown area has increased from 62.76 million hectare to 64.40 million hectares the current year showing a hike of 2.61%
- Announcement of MSP before sowing had a positive impact on sowing with area under more remunerative crops like oilseeds and pulses have gone up substantially.
- The supply of irrigation water has resulted in an improvement in the rice region by 2.69 % over the previous year
- The sowing of coarse plants such as jowar ,barley, maize is down by 7.14% compared with last year due to lack of price support on market
- Agriculture minister Narendra Singh Tomar told that food grain production in this rabi season will surpass last year’s production of 153.27 million tones.
31,831 total views, 210 views today