Rukart technologies develop low-cost cold storage for marginal farmers
- Central government has been keen to recognize the firms that actually help marginal and small farmers.
- Agrotech startup, Rukart technologies by Indian Institute of technology (IIT), Bombay alumnus Vikash Jha, has been recognized by government via @MyGovIndia twitter handle, for their role in helping farmers.
- Marginal farmers earn 30 % more with company’s innovative cold storage unit- Subjee Cooler- can preserves vegetable crops for 4-6 days.
- Subjee Cooler- cost effective, easy to operate and does not require electricity for storage.
- It works on innovative principle of evaporative cooling and does not require any utilities, except once a day of watering.
- Subjee cooler temperature is lower than the ambient temperature by margin of 5-20 degree Celsius and maintains high relative humidity of 90-95 % inside the unit.
- More than 110 units installed in different states like Maharashtra, Bihar, Orissa.
33,764 total views, 221 views today