Agritech entrepreneurs pitch for enhancing the use of technologies such as AI and digitization to help improve yield, productivity and efficiency in the agriculture sector.
- Set up and strengthen farmer producer organizations (FPOs) to make it easier for private players to reach growers.
- Connect FPOs in a digitized way so that they can benefit from new technologies offered by agritech startups.
- Expand the scope of the Agriculture Infrastructure Fund announced last year to increase warehousing facilities and strengthen the supply chain.
- Build on the Krishi Udaan logistics scheme unveiled last year to help farmers transport their produce by air.
- Explore a collaborative way where agritech startups, lenders, government and other stakeholders can work together to help grow the agriculture sector.
- Focus on accelerators and incubators to encourage more entrepreneurs look at solving problems of the agriculture sector.
- Accelerate the process of digitizing land records and share relevant data with agritech players.
- Promote the use of new technologies such as artificial intelligence and satellite imaging, and integrate these with schemes like PM Fasal Bima Yojana to improve efficiency.
- Create new vehicles to reach intended beneficiaries and smallholder farmers. These can include fintech and agritech startups as well as payment banks and small finance banks.
- Enhance access to capital to grow high-value crops and improve market linkages.
Source – Your story.com
51,454 total views, 133 views today