- SAMMUNNATI financial and intermediation and service Pvt. Ltd., a leading Non-Banking Financial Company (NBFC) in agribusiness sector founded in 2014, gained favour among the farming community.
- To all the problems of hectic credit process and long-standing supply chain issues
Samunnati started being the torch bearer as the way out.
- Primarily focusing on small and marginal farmers, the company aims to bring the unorganized farming sector into an institutional base providing both financial and non-financial assistance.
- The special quality that makes the company stand separate from other companies is that it not only focuses on loans but also has a large supply chain system in place so as to give a platform to the farmers in managing their produce.
- Samunnati has set up 3 verticals to offer new/unique solutions enabling stakeholders of the agri-ecosystem to overcome hurdles. These three new verticals will focus on Digitization, HORECA (Hotels Restaurants and Cafeteria) and Innovations & Product Solutions.
- Samunnati follows AMLA (Aggregation, Market Linkage and Advisory Services) approach to provide holistic solutions to its customers.
- It has empowered farmers in helping agriculture valve chain operate at a higher equilibrium by making Agri finance a hassle-free experience for all.
- It started engaging with FPOs who bring the collective interest of small farmers.
- It currently operates in nearly 19 Indian states with more than 4 million farmers, 500+ Farm Producing Organizations and hundreds of wholesalers & retailers being a part of the chain.
- Using its comprehensive aggregation, market linkage, advisory services approach, it links the FPOs with institutional buyers providing capacity building, value addition activities and so on.
- It is able to create positive social and environment impact and meet United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UNSDG). Out of 17 goals sumunnati directly impacts 7 SDGs
- It established Samunnati start-up Engagement platform- Samaarambh with the aim of supporting other Agri startups for consultation, financial assistance, Solution deployment and market linkage.
- It launched AgriElevate digital platform to connect FPOs and agri enterprise.
- Digitization is one of Samunnati’s key areas of focus to elevate FPO ecosystem to a higher equilibrium.
INVESTORS and INVESTMENT
- Major companies that partnered are DBS, IFFCO, e-FRESH Agribusiness, Kheyti
- Samunnatihas raised a total of $123.7 million in debt from FMO –Entrepreneurial Bank, Triodos Investment Management , U.S. International Development Finance Corp, Nuveen Investments, Accel, Elevar equity, responsibility.
- It has a great support from the funders like IDFC bank, RBL bank, Symbiotics, Incofin, Triodosbank, Utkarsh Small Finance Bank, Hinduja Leyland Finance to name a few.
- Samunnati also invested in 2 companies Waycool and Kamatan Farm Tech.
AWARDS & ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
- Samunnati has been conferred Gramodaya Bandhu Mitra Puraskar in recognition and appreciation of the work.
- Gaining ET start up awards 2020 , for social enterprise shows its service to the society’s most pressing problem especially small, marginal and women farmer .
- In 2019, it conducted Farmer Producing Organization summit and awards to celebrate success of India’s agrarian heroes particularly women lead FPOs won several awards.
- Samunnati takes a great pride in fulfilling its social responsibility.
- Enhancing vocational skills for employment generation activities like training to make a nursery, dairy management, food processing, resource management etc.,
- Ensuring environmental sustainability by promoting micro irrigation, water harvesting system, Climate smart agricultural practices.
- Contributions to Agri ecosystem enabling Incubators.
- Rural development projects.
393,091 total views, 518 views today